Thumbs placed on top of the Slider in Thumbel Slider
No Overlay of Content on Slider Image
Show Content on Mouse Hover on Slider Image
Multiple Thumbel Sliders on Single Page
Full Page Slider with Thumbel
Sliding Thumbs, No Meta Tag, Changed color for Navigation Arrow/Pointer/Overlay, Post Title below Thumb
Thumbel Slider is a dual image (Thumbnail and Large Image) responsive content slider WordPress plugin. You can embed this slider on site’s homepage, posts, other pages, sidebar etc. The regular posts,custom post type, pages and media library images can also be easily added to the slider through the edit panel on the WordPress admin.
The slider can be easily inserted anywhere on the site either using a template tag in the respective template file or using Thumbel Slider shortcode or using a simple widget. Also you can create multiple sliders, so that you can display different content in slider on different pages. And the best thing is, you can create multiple settings as well, and while embedding the slider you can specify which setting you would need for a particular instance of slider.
The slider can be very easily customized using the easy admin panel options. If you want to change the design of the slider with minute details, you should have some knowledge of CSS, so that you can create your own styles and change the looks of the slider as you wish.
The slider can be very easily customized using the easy admin panel options.
Customizable Elements of the Slider
There are two sections in the Slider – Large Image section and Sliding Thumb section. The width and height of the both the sections along with the fonts, borders, colors and Image sizes are customizable through settings panel.
19 Different Type of Sliders
Easily create 19 different type of Pointelle Slider with different data sources. Options are Recent Posts Slider, Category Slider, Custom or Featured Content Slider, YouTube and/or Vimeo Slider, Facebook Album Slider, WooCommerce and WP Ecommerce Slider and much more.
WooCommerce and WP Ecommerce Slider
If you are using WooCommerce or WP Ecommerce plugins as shopping cart system, you can have products appearing inside the slider.
Create Event Slider
Event Calendar and Event Manager plugins are compatible with Pointelle Slider. Which means if you are using any of these plugin to showcase events on your site, now you can show the events inside Pointelle Slider.
YouTube and Vimeo Slider
Easily create YouTube video slider based on playlist or search. Enter Playlist ID or search term to create Pointelle Slider with the same. It also allows to create Vimeo video slider for a particular video channel. Apart from these custom video slider with YouTube and Vimeo videos can also be easily created.
Facebook Album Slider
Create Pointelle Slider with the photos and album on a public Facebook page. For example, by providing the page URL of Coca Cola FB page, you can create Pointelle Slider with the recently uploaded images over there. It requires to enter Facebook API key.
Flickr, 500px Slider
If you hosted images on Flickr or 500px, you can easily embed a Pointelle Slider with auto fetching capabilities from these sources. Create Flickr or 500px sliders with Pointelle Slider WordPress plugin without much effort.
600+ Google Fonts Ready
On settings page, Pointelle is having list of 600+ Google Web Fonts to quickly implement on different texts such as title, content etc. No need to paste the font CSS in header area or add any code.
20+ Transition Effects
Apply different transition effects to the elements such as image, text inside the slider. Effects such as bounce, flash, shake, fade, zoom, wooble, rollin and much more to choose and apply using the setting panel.
More than 50 Setting Options
There is no need to know PHP, HTML or CSS to make changes and customize the slider. It comes with more than 50 setting options to easily customize the slider as per need. Set font size, color, slider width, height, image transition, lightbox effect and much more using the setting panel.
WPML and mqTranslate Ready
For multilingual sites, Pointelle is the perfect choice. It is compatible with WPML Translate plugin as well as qTranslate and mqTranslate plugins.
We know the important of Search Engine Optimization and that’s why Pointelle is developed with SEO in mind. Headline tags like H2, H3 are placed properly and all the images will have alt tag. Even the slider will help you featured or special contents get crawled frequently on search engines.
NextGen Gallery Slider
If you are using NextGen gallery WordPress plugin, you can easily create Pointelle Slider with those galleries. Enter the NextGen gallery ID and Pointelle will create a slider with the same.
4 Different Lightbox Effect
Pointelle comes with four different type of Lightbox effects to choose from. Options are
Auto Update for Lifetime
Once you purchase Pointelle Slider, you are eligible for lifetime updates. Pointelle updates will be available as auto update when you entered the purchased license key. If the license key is entered, you will receive auto update notification and can update from dashboard.
Shortcode and Template Tag
To embed Pointelle Slider inside a page content or anywhere on your theme, you can use Pointelle shortcode and template tags. Some smart template tags are also there for quick insertion of recent posts slider, category slider.
To put Pointelle Slider in widget ready areas, you can use Pointelle Widget. Insert any type of Pointelle Slider using drag and drop widgets for quick insertion.
Pointelle Slider comes with smart QuickTag button to insert Pointelle inside page or post content area.
W3C Validated Code
The generated embed code our of Pointelle Slider Generator is W3C validated which means it follows all the standards and search engines like Google or Bing are going to love your site. W3C validation helps in better user experience on cross browser as well as in search engine crawling.
Smart Image Cropping
Image should appear good even if the slider aspect ratio is different than the original image. Pointelle uses smart image cropping technique to crop the image such a way that it will look good inside the slider.
Real people giving real support for SliderVilla products. We are a team of 7 experts and we remain available on SliderVilla.com 24×7. Our ETA for support replies via forum or email is 6 hours which means we are committed to reply within that time frame and sometimes you may get an instant reply.
You can have different different Slide title in Large Image Section and Thumb section for the same slide. Also, you can choose not to show title in the any of these sections.
- Fully Customizable CSS
- Responsive design to support display screens of all sizes including iPad, iPhone and Android Smartphones
- Touchscreen support
- Embed videos inside the Thumbel slider
- Add Lightbox effect on images and videos embedded inside the slider
- Option to show slider content on mouse hover
- 10 pre-loaded multiple color previous-next arrow keys
- Change Thumb size, large image size, post title and excerpt details from settings panel
- Change Thumb sliding effects. More than 20 effects to choose from
- Show or hide meta fields like post author, date and any custom field with values from settings panel. Helpful for those who wants to show item price like details on e-commerce sites
- Choose Posts and Pages as Featured Posts/Pages on a Single Click
- You can enable or disable FOUC (Flash of Unstyled Content) while the page is loading
- No Need Of Knowledge of PHP, HTML or CSS, also with some knowledge of CSS you can easily create your own slider stylesheet suitable to your theme.
- Readable by search engine as you can see the screenshot on Lynx browser available on our blog
- Slider Preview in admin panel
- Can be converted to pure image Slider
- Images cropped very nicely to fit into the sizes
- Pick image from content or the custom field or you can also use ‘Featured Image’ WordPress feature
- Permission setting option to restrict the users from adding posts to Thumbel Slider
- Remove posts and pages from Thumbel Slider selectively or remove all the posts from the slider at one go from the settings page itself
- You can reorder the slides, or choose to display the slides randomly
- Option to retain specific html tags in the slider posts
- Slides can be linked to permalink or any other desired URL. Also you can choose to not link some slides to any URL.
- Support through Premium Support Forums
The Slider will pause when the visitor will hover on it, otherwise it will keep on Sliding if Auto Sliding is enabled.
Type of Content that can be shown in the Slider
- You can add posts/pages or media images to the slider and embed this custom slider anywhere on your site. You can create multiple sliders with different post/pages/media images and embed them on different pages of your WordPress site. Just remember, on one page, you can embed only one Slider at a time. But different pages can have different Sliders.
- The Slider supports Custom Post types, which means you can easily add the Custom Post Types, say your eCommerce Products to the Slider
- You can display the Posts from any Category in Chronologically reverse order i.e. latest one first.
- You can display the Recent Posts of your WordPress blog in the Slider
Ways to embed the Slider on the WordPress Site
- Template Tags
Please refer the Usage Guide for more details.
- Uzip the
- In WordPress dashboard, head over to the Plugins section.
- Activate Thumbel Slider.
Embed Options for Thumbel Slider
|To have a slider with recently published blog posts automatically appearing inside the slider, you just need to paste the shortcode inside the page or post content area where you want the slider to embed|
|Manually add any post to the slider using Thumbel Slider meta box available on edit post/page window. To embed a slider with those added posts/pages, use this shortcode.|
|Embed a slider with posts from specified category. For example, this shortcode will embed Glam Slider with posts from category with permalink as ‘social-media’|
|Get Slider ID from Sliders sub-page on dashboard, and setting ID from Settings sub-page. This shortcode will embed a custom slider with setting set 3 and will show slides of Slider ID 2|
Like shortcodes, Thumbel is also having similar template tags to embed the slider inside theme template files like page.php, index.php, home.php etc. Template Tags are PHP code which executes to call certain functions and show the slider at desired location. Get the template tags for Thumbel Slider on our Knowledge Base page.
Drag and Drop widgets are also available in Thumbel Slider. It means, you can place the Thumbel Sliders (recent posts, custom slider, category slider etc.) in widget ready areas eg. Sidebar by dropping the widget in Widgets window on dashboard. Multiple widgets should be visible on the Widgets page after activating the slider plugin. To read more about the ready widgets for Thumbel Slider, please read the Widget Knowledge Base of Thumbel Slider.
Settings and Admin Page of Thumbel Slider
A Dedicated Settings page should appear on the dashboard after activating the plugin. Thumbel Slider is having two sub-pages – Settings and Sliders. Settings page is to create multiple settings and customize the width, height, image pick preference and so many other elements of the slider. Almost 99% slider customization can be done from settings page only. It is also having a “Custom Styles” box where you can enter a custom CSS to override/change the final CSS of slider plugin.
Sliders page is to manage the added slides to the slider. You can create unlimited sliders and add unlimited slides to each of them. Using the parameter in shortcode or template tag, you can easily embed any slider by mentioning the slider ID.
Q. Is Thumbel a Responsive Slider?
Yes, Thumbel Slider is a responsive WordPress slider. You can enable the responsive design by choosing the option on Settings page ==> Responsiveness page.
Q. Is it possible to control the speed of the slider in Thumbel Slider?
Yes, you can change the speed of the slider from Thumbel’s settings page. There is an option available for this purpose.
Q. I do not want the texts including Post Title, Content etc. overlaying on the slider. Is it possible to create image only slider with Thumbel?
We have provided a single click option on settings page to make Thumbel – an image only slider. Go to the settings page and check the box “Make pure image slider”, save the changes.
Q. My site is using WordPress Multisite (WPMU) network. Is Thumbel work on MU sites?
Yes, Thumbel Slider works perfectly fine on WPMU sites. You need to activate the Thumbel Slider plugin individually on each site to let it work properly.
Q. Is Thumbel Slider available for other CMS like Joomla?
No, Thumbel Slider is currently available only for WordPress. We are planning to release the same for other CMS as well but currently we do not have any set deadline for the same.
- Support Forum and Email ETA – 12 hours
- Instant Support for urgent requests
- Free basic slider setup using remote access
- Dedicated support team available 24X7