There are two sections in the Slider – Left Slides Section and Right Navigation Pointers or Buttons. The width and height of the both the sections along with the fonts, borders, colors and Image sizes are customizable through settings panel.
You can have different different Slide title in Slides Section and Navigation section for the same slide. Also, you can choose not to show title in the Slide’s Section.
Overall Features of Smooth Slider
- Search Engine Optimized Slideshow
- Fully Customizable CSS
- Choose Posts and Pages as Featured Posts/Pages on Single Click
- Simple but Decent Slideshow
- Match Slideshow With WordPress Theme
- No Need Of Knowledge of PHP, HTML or CSS
- Widget and Shortcode Ready
- Create Multiple Sliders and add individually on different posts or pages using ID
- Easy To Install Plugin
- Full Support Available
- Readable by search engine as you can see the screenshot on Lynx browser available on our blog
- Option for trasparent background, so that rounded corners can be supported
- Slider Preview in admin panel
- Can convert to pure image Slider
- Facility to put Custom Images in place of navigation numbers
- Images Original Size as well as custom size Option
- Pick image from content or the custom field
- New custom field implementation, to allow not to display images on selective posts
- A new template tag to display Category specific posts on Smooth Slider
- A new template tag for WPMU, to get slider posts from all over the WPMU site
- Option to change Read More text and also put it in your language
- Permission setting option to restrict the users from adding posts to Smooth Slider
- Remove posts and pages from Smooth Slider selectively or remove all the posts from the slider at one go from the settings page itself
- Option to retain specific html tags in the slider posts
- Option to specify custom text or html in place of navigation numbers or buttons
- Smooth Slider complete uninstall on plugin Delete
- A new custom field slide_redirect_url can be used for a post/page to redirect that slide to some other custom url other than the permalinkof the post/page
You can add recent posts Smooth Slider, Category Specific Smooth Slider, Custom or Featured Posts Slider, Custom Post Types Slider, Only Image Slider and much more. Here are the options available to embed the Dbox Lite Slider,
- Easy Shortcodes
- Multiple Widgets
- Template Tags
What users have to say about Smooth Slider
- Uzip the
- In WordPress dashboard, head over to the Plugins section.
- Activate Smooth Slider.
Embed Options for Smooth Slider
|To have a slider with recently published blog posts automatically appearing inside the slider, you just need to paste the shortcode inside the page or post content area where you want the slider to embed|
|Manually add any post to the slider using Smooth Slider meta box available on edit post/page window. To embed a slider with those added posts/pages, use this shortcode.|
|Embed a slider with posts from specified category. For example, this shortcode will embed Smooth Slider with posts from category with permalink as ‘social-media’|
|Get Slider ID from Sliders sub-page on dashboard, and this shortcode will embed a custom slider with Slider ID 2|
Like shortcodes, Smooth Slider is also having similar template tags to embed the slider inside theme template files like page.php, index.php, home.php etc. Template Tags are PHP code which executes to call certain functions and show the slider at desired location. Get the template tags for Smooth Slider on our Knowledge Base page.
Drag and Drop widgets are also available in Smooth Slider. It means, you can place the Smooth Sliders (recent posts, custom slider, category slider etc.) in widget ready areas eg. Sidebar by dropping the widget in Widgets window on dashboard. Multiple widgets should be visible on the Widgets page after activating the slider plugin. To read more about the ready widgets for Smooth Slider, please read the Widget Knowledge Base of Smooth Slider.
Settings and Admin Page of Smooth Slider
A Dedicated Settings page should appear on the dashboard after activating the plugin. Smooth Slider is having two sub-pages – Settings and Sliders.
Sliders page is to manage the added slides to the slider.
Ans. On WordPress dashboard, Go to Smooth Slider =>Sliders Settings page => Basic Settings tab=> Miscellaneous section. You will see checkbox of Multiple Slider Feature, check it & save changes.
Now go back to WordPress dashboard, Go to Smooth Slider =>Sliders page. Click on Create New Slider . Assign name to new slider in Enter New Slider name text area. Then Click on Create New. You will see a new slider created.
You can create multiple sliders with different post/pages/media images and embed them on different pages of your WordPress site. Just remember, on one page, you can embed only one Slider at a time. But different pages can have different Sliders.
Ans. Sliders are used to display your content while settings are used to control the appearance of your content in the slider. You will simply add your content (e.g. posts,images,videos) to a slider and setting will decide things like slider width, slide border, slide transition speed, etc.
Ans. On WordPress dashboard, Go to Smooth Slider => Settings page ==> Basic Settings tab => Basic Controls section. You will see option Number of Posts in the Slideshow textfield. Enter the number of slides you want to show there.
Ans. On WordPress dashboard, Go to Smooth Slider => Settings page ==> Basic Settings tab => Basic Controls section. You will see option Slide animation length. Enter the duration of animation as per your requirement & Save Changes.
Ans. On WordPress dashboard, Go to Smooth Slider => Settings page ==> Basic Settings tab => Basic Controls section. You will see options slider width & slider height. Enter the width & height values in pixels as per your requirement. Save Changes.
Ans. On WordPress dashboard, Go to Smooth Slider => Settings page ==> Basic Settings tab => Basic Controls section. You will see option Navigation Buttons. You will find the checkbox of Show Prev/Next navigation arrows. Check it to show navigation arrows & Save Changes.
Ans. On WordPress dashboard, Go to Smooth Slider => Settings page ==> Basic Settings tab => Basic Controls section. You will see option Navigation Buttons. You will find the radio buttons for Show go to slide number links or images. Select ‘none’ to hide slide number links & images. Select ‘Numbers’ to show the slide number links. Save Changes.