Fade Effect and Navigation Numbers
Only Title and small Thumbnail, Single Item Scroll
Only Image Slider, No Text
Multiple Roster Slider on Single Page
Roster Slider is a highly customizable responsive WordPress plugin that will help you adding a horizontal carousel to your WordPress site’s front page, other pages and posts. Because of the responsive design (option on the Roster Slider settings page to enable the same), the slider appears properly on al devices including iPhone, iPad.
The posts, pages and the media library images can be easily added to the slider thru the edit section on the admin panel.
The slider can be easily inserted anywhere on the site either using a template tag in the respective template file or using Roster Slider shortcode or using a simple widget. Also you can create multiple sliders, so that you can display different content in slider on different pages.
- A very effective way to show off your featured content, or trending articles or news on your WordPress site.
- Easy To Install WordPress Plugin, with usage guide provided.
- Responsive Design
- One click Lightbox Effect
- Search Engine Optimized
- Fully Customizable CSS
- Choose Posts and Pages as Featured Posts/Pages on a Single Click
- Easy to insert Shortcode available.
- Simple widget support is available.
- The Slider can also be inserted anywhere in the template file using simple template tag.
- A template tag to display Category specific posts in Chronologically reverse order on Roster Slider
- jQuery Easing transition effects supported
- You can enable or disable FOC (Flash of Unstyled Content) while the page is loading
- No Need Of Knowledge of PHP, HTML or CSS, also with some knowledge of CSS you can easily create your own slider stylesheet suitable to your theme.
- Readable by search engine as you can see the screenshot on Lynx browser available on our blog
- Slider Preview in admin panel
- Can convert to pure image Slider
- Images Original Size as well as custom size Option
- Pick image from content or the custom field or you can also use ‘Featured Image’ WordPress feature
- Option to change Read More text and also put it in your language
- Permission setting option to restrict the users from adding posts to Roster Slider
- Remove posts and pages from Roster Slider selectively or remove all the posts from the slider at one go from the settings page itself
- You can reorder the slides, or choose to display the slides randomly
- Option to retain specific html tags in the slider posts
- Slides can be linked to permalink or any other desired URL. Also you can choose to not link some slides to any URL.
- Multiple sliders can be created, so that you can embed different sliders on different pages of your WordPress site.
- Support through Premium Support Forums
The Slider will pause when the visitor will hover on it, otherwise it will keep on Sliding if Auto Sliding is enabled.
Type of Content that can be shown in the Slider
- You can add posts/pages or media images to the slider and embed this custom slider anywhere on your site. You can create multiple sliders with different post/pages/media images and embed them on different pages of your WordPress site. Just remember, on one page, you can embed only one Slider at a time. But different pages can have different Sliders.
- The Slider supports Custom Post types, which means you can easily add the Custom Post Types, say your eCommerce Products to the Slider
- You can display the Posts from any Category in Chronologically reverse order i.e. latest one first.
- You can display the Recent Posts of your WordPress blog in the Slider
Ways to embed the Slider on the WordPress Site
- Template Tags (3)
- Shortcodes (3)
- Widgets (3)
Please refer the Usage Guide for more details.
- Uzip the
- In WordPress dashboard, head over to the Plugins section.
- Activate Roster Slider.
Embed Options for Glam Slider
|To have a slider with recently published blog posts automatically appearing inside the slider, you just need to paste the shortcode inside the page or post content area where you want the slider to embed|
|Manually add any post to the slider using Roster Slider meta box available on edit post/page window. To embed a slider with those added posts/pages, use this shortcode.|
|Embed a slider with posts from specified category. For example, this shortcode will embed Roster Slider with posts from category with permalink as ‘social-media’|
|Get Slider ID from Sliders sub-page on dashboard, and setting ID from Settings sub-page. This shortcode will embed a custom slider with setting set 3 and will show slides of Slider ID 2|
Like shortcodes, Roster is also having similar template tags to embed the slider inside theme template files like page.php, index.php, home.php etc. Template Tags are PHP code which executes to call certain functions and show the slider at desired location. Get the template tags for Roster Slider on our Knowledge Base page.
Drag and Drop widgets are also available in Roster Slider. It means, you can place the Roster Sliders (recent posts, custom slider, category slider etc.) in widget ready areas eg. Sidebar by dropping the widget in Widgets window on dashboard. Multiple widgets should be visible on the Widgets page after activating the slider plugin. To read more about the ready widgets for Roster Slider, please read the Widget Knowledge Base of Roster Slider.
Settings and Admin Page of Roster Slider
A Dedicated Settings page should appear on the dashboard after activating the plugin. Roster Slider is having two sub-pages – Settings and Sliders. Settings page is to create multiple settings and customize the width, height, image pick preference and so many other elements of the slider. Almost 99% slider customization can be done from settings page only. It is also having a “Custom Styles” box where you can enter a custom CSS to override/change the final CSS of slider plugin.
Sliders page is to manage the added slides to the slider. You can create unlimited sliders and add unlimited slides to each of them. Using the parameter in shortcode or template tag, you can easily embed any slider by mentioning the slider ID.
Q. Is Roster a Responsive Slider?
Yes, Roster Slider is a responsive WordPress slider. You can enable the responsive design by choosing the option on Settings page ==> Responsiveness page.
Q. Is it possible to slide only one item at a time in Roster Slider?
Yes, you can set the option to slide only one item at a time. Go to the Roster Slider settings page and there is an option to achieve the same.
Q. I do not want the texts including Post Title, Content etc. overlaying on the slider. Is it possible to create image only slider with Glam?
We have provided a single click option on settings page to make Glam – an image only slider. Go to the settings page and check the box “Make pure image slider”, save the changes.
Q. My site is using WordPress Multisite (WPMU) network. Is Roster work on MU sites?
Yes, Roster Slider works perfectly fine on WPMU sites. You need to activate the Roster Slider plugin individually on each site to let it work properly.
Q. Is Roster Slider available for other CMS like Joomla?
No, Roster Slider is currently available only for WordPress. We are planning to release the same for other CMS as well but currently we do not have any set deadline for the same.
- Support Forum and Email ETA – 12 hours
- Instant Support for urgent requests
- Free basic slider setup using remote access
- Dedicated support team available 24X7