Apart from normal text and images, you can showcase videos through Pointelle Slider WordPress plugin as well. Here is a simple video content Pointelle Slider showing teasers of some random Hollywood movies.
Note – You can mix images and videos in the slider as well.
Tutorial – How to add Videos in Pointelle Slider
Step 1 – Create Video Slides
1) Go to Pointelle Slider Settings => ‘Basic Settings’ tab => Miscellaneous => Create “SliderVilla Slides” Custom Post Type => Select ‘Yes’ => Save Settings
Now below ‘Comments’ Admin Menu, you will see a new Custom Post Type named ‘SliderVilla Slides’ . Click the below image for the Screenshot.
2) Now you can add new SliderVilla Slides. Each slide created will represent a Video slide in Pointelle Slider. Follow the below point (3) to add the embed code to each Slide created
3) Add the IFRAME embed code of the YouTube video as a custom field named pointelle_media (Refer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEu8hTQuwDI to know more about how to add custom field in WordPress post). In the embed code, you need to add some extra lines as well for proper operation. Here is an example of IFRAME embed code where you can find the extra code in bold and red. That means, you need to add these extra lines in the embed code that you get from YouTube.
<iframe class="pointelle_slider_thumbnail" width="600" height="400" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Aft-IW9fO5c?wmode=transparent" wmode="Opaque" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Step 2 – You can remove the post title and excerpt on single click from “Pointelle Settings ==> Slider Content ==> Thumbnail Image ==> Make pure Image Slider”. Check this option to remove the text appearing on the Large panel of the slider.
Step 3 – Adjust the height of the Slider elements according to the height of the video (i.e. 400 in our case)
1) Basic Settings tab => Slider Height => Enter 400
2) Left slides Panel tab => Slide Image => Image Size => Height => Enter 400
3) Right Navigation buttons => Navigation button => Navigation Section Height => Enter 399 (1 less than 400)
Save the Settings.
These are the settings I have changed to get the Pointelle Slider running with Videos in the above demo.
How to Buy?
If you want to have Pointelle Slider on your WordPress site, you can purchase the same at very low price of just $19. Once you will click on the “Add to Cart” button provided below, the slider plugin will be added to your cart. Select checkout through PayPal and you will be taken to the PayPal Payment Gateway. Complete the payment process and you will instantly receive a download link through email. Downloaded zipped folder is having all the required files and implementation instruction. In next few hours of purchase, you will receive login details for the SliderVilla Premium Support Forums.
Buy Pointelle Slider WordPress Plugin
P.S. If you want any specific customization for Pointelle Slider or any other plugin purchased from us, we can provide a separate price quote for that as well.
If you have any query or concern, feel free to contact us.