3.1.7 (Release Date: 16’th Nov 2016)
- Fix: PHP7 warnings and notices.
3.1.6 (Release Date: 23’rd Aug 2016)
- New: Global Setting Option to disable Edit Slider link.
- Fix: Instagram slider was not working.
3.1.5 (Release Date: 28’th Dec 2015)
- Fix: Anchor link attribute (to add rel or target to links in slider) was not being added to the RSS feed slider.
- Fix: Some foreign language date formats were causing problems with expiry date in Slider post metabox.
3.1.4 (Release Date: 1’st Nov 2015)
- New: Advance Taxonomy shortcode support
3.1.3 (Release Date: 7’th Sept 2015)
- Fix: Integration with Facebook API 2.4
- Fix: Manage slider page reorder
- Fix: UTF-8 characters appeared as question marks for slider title
3.1.2 (Release Date: 21’st Aug 2015)
- Fix: Notice for WP_Widget constructor call.
3.1.1 (Release Date: 18’th July 2015)
- Fix – ‘Upload’ Images Button for Image Slider on Easy Builder was not working
3.1 (Release Date: 9’th July 2015)
- New – Slide Expiry Date can be added for each slide in Custom Slider thru Pointelle Slider Metabox on Edit Post/Page/Slide
- New – All image sizes available will be displayed “Fetched Image size” setting option (no need of cropping)
- New – External Image positioning option using JS
- New – Added touch screen support for mobile devices
- New – Added retina image support for ios devices
- Fix – Lightbox will open full size image regardless of its size (i.e thumbnail, medium)
- Fix – Recurring events will be display only once in slider (for Event Manager)
- Fix – Added Publish date for Slides on Easy Builder
3.0.5 (Release Date: 11’th June 2015)
- Fix – Debug notices
3.0.4 (Release Date: 4’th May 2015)
- New – Setting to disable slider on mobile and table devices
- Fix – Responsiveness issue in case of multiple slider navigation dots displayed only on first slider
- Fix – If no Google font weight specified in old version then after update, Google font weight and style field will set as normal
- Fix – If event manager is Deactivate, then we can not change slider type to event calendar.
- Fix – Front end Edit link not appeared if is is not mentioned
- Fix- If donotlink field is enabled then lightbox does’nt work.
3.0.3 (Release Date: 1’st May 2015)
- Fix – Responsiveness of slider, on mobile and tablets navigation panel will be removed and navigation dots will be shown
- Fix – Removed the up and down arrows if navigation panel is disabled
3.0.2 (Release Date: 22’nd Apr 2015)
- New – Setting fields for do not link slide to any url
- Fix – Cropping issue in case of multi-site
- Fix – Debug Notices
- Fix – Nivo box lightbox not loading images in case of social and add-on sliders
- Fix – In case if YouTube slider, removed play button of media element js
- Fix – Blank slide thumbnail image can be external or any (not set as featured) in Custom Slider
- New – Added edit link for SliderVilla slides on easy builder thumbs area to edit advance fields like meta fields
- Fix – Google font weight is set after updating old Pointelle versions below 3.0
3.0.1 (Release Date: 11’th Mar 2015)
- Fix – “Embed JS files in head” option on global settings not working
- Fix – Added validations for social slider for wrong url
- Fix – Quick tag taxonomy sub parameters are not loaded
- Fix – Wrong Slider name display in case of multiple sliders
- Fix – Add to cart button CSS for WooCommerce and eCommerce slider
3.0 (Release Date: 25’th Feb 2015)
- New – WooCommerce and WP Ecommerce plugin integration
- New – Event Manager and Event Calendar plugin integration
- New – All SliderVilla Add-ons inbuilt with Slider. Add-ons are Taxonomy, Post Attachments, NextGen Gallery and RSS Feed Add-on
- New – QuickTag button to generate and insert shortcode
- New – Multilingual Support via qTranslate, mqTranslate and WPML
- New – Flickr User and album Slider
- New – Instagram user Slider
- New – Facebook album slider
- New – 500px user, user favorites, popular highest rated, upcoming, frest today, fresh yesterday, fresh week slider
- New – Vimeo channel and album slider
- New – YouTube playlist and search slider
- New – Custom slider having facility to add slide from following sources posts, pages, media, custom post type, facebook album, flickr user, blank, YouTube, Vimeo
- New – Create New Slider with 4 easy steps
- New – Easy Builder to customize sliders
- New – Manage Sliders Panel to edit and delete sliders
- New – Better UI and Help
- New – Edit slider link on front end
- New – Common shortcode and template tag
- New – Added css3 transsitions for image, title, contents for complete slider
- New – Added per slide css3 transsitions for image, title, contents
- New – Added built-in google fonts
- New – Added custom font
- New – Added litebox effects Nivo box, photo box, smooth box, swipe box, prettyphoto
- Fix – iframe issue auto play on back side if click next slide
2.0.3 (Release Date: 18’th Sep 2014)
- Fix: Responsiveness and height conflict with Smooth Slider
2.0.2 (Release Date: 13’th Sep 2014)
- Fix: In case of multisite WordPress installation there was an issue while saving setting set.
2.0.1 (Release Date: 22’nd Aug 2014)
- Fix: jquery.js was loaded in footer, should be loaded before the slider js (head section)
2.0 (Release Date: 19’th August 2014)
- New: Image uploader for Sliders on ‘Sliders’ settings panel. No need to add individual media image to Pointelle slider.
- New: Compatible with NextGen Gallery add-on provided by SliderVilla.
- New: Add any shortcode like video shortcode or button shortcode to slide which will be overlayed on it.
- New: New option to disable thumbnail image is been added in post meta box which is useful if you are showing videos on slide.
- New: Form validations for admin side settings.
- New: Pointelle Slider post meta box now has two tabs named basic and advanced with respective fields for the purpose of easy understanding and saving the space.
- New: Quick embed shortcode and template tags are displayed at the right side of settings page.
- New: Quick embed shortcode is displayed in popup for ease of copying shortcode.
- New: On settings panel of Pointelle slider now it is possible to expand and collapse tabs which greatly reduces scrolling efforts.
- New: Preview Slider params simplified on Settings panel.
- New: Added a new field “Custom Post Type Slug” on Settings page in Miscellaneous Section. Useful if you are using SliderVilla Slides custom post type and want your own slug for SEO purposes.
- New: Color picker changed from Farbtastic to “wp-color-picker”.
- Fix: Worked on responsiveness of slider. Also from now on, Pointelle Slider is responsive by default. Responsiveness tab has been removed.
- Fix: Settings panel cleanup and restructuring.
- Fix: Post meta box fields like link attributes were not updating, resolved this issue.
- Fix: Solved the debug errors in previous version.
- Fix: Solved the issues with responsiveness of admin panel settings page and sliders page.
- Fix: All database tables and plugin folder being deleted properly on plugin delete.
- Fix: alt attribute of image was not applied in previous version which is been solved in this version.
- Fix: Scroll Navigation Panel Arrows was not hiding when navigation panel was disabled. This issue has been resolved.
- Fix: When navigation image is disabled there was issue in responsiveness (only empty navigation container was visible). This has been fixed.
1.7.1 (Release Date: 15/02/2014)
- New: Introducing Auto Updates, from the next update you can update the Pointelle Slider using automatic update feature of WordPress
- New: Redesigned Admin/Settings Panel
- Fix: Import Settings issue on Firefox
1.7 (Release Date: 12/03/2013)
- New: Supports SliderVilla RSS Feed add-on
- New: Supports Google Fonts
- New: Widget title can be entered for the Pointelle Slider widgets
- New: Option to set/remove default image
- New: Respective Shortcode and Template tag on “Preview Settings” Panel.
- New: A new custom field ‘SlideTitle’ to set Custom text for the Slide/Post title in the Slider
- New: A new Option under “Slider Content => Thumbnail Image” to Disable/Enable image link title text on hover
- New: Updated timthumb to latest version
- Fix: In case of Responsive Slider aligned to center, the alignment was lost on smaller screens.
- Fix: Slider Title not appearing in case of Custom Slider
- Fix: WP Debug Errors
1.6 (Release Date: 03/13/2013)
- New: Supports Responsive Design
- New: Settings to enable Lightbox
- New: Settings to specify target=”_blank” for all slides or individual slides
- New: “Slide Navigation Title” and “Slide Navigation Thumb URL” fields now directly available on “Pointelle Slider” metabox on Edit Post/Page/Media
- New: Improved Pointelle Slider metabox on Edit Media images for WordPress version >= 3.5
- New: Option to Disable Preview on Settings
- New: Settings to remove ‘Pointelle Slider Metabox’ from Edit Post/Page/Custom Post Types/Media images
- New: Setting to specify Custom Fields that can be displayed Pointelle Slider content
- Improved Settings UI
- Fix: ‘Slide Link URL’ and ‘Do not link this slide to any page(url)’ settings were not getting properly saved on Edit Post/Page/Media images screens, fixed this bug
- New – Scrolling navigation – capability to show unlimited slides
- New – Navigation Arrows (on hover)
- New – Introducing POINTELLE_CONTINUE_ONCLICK, capability to keep auto-sliding ON even after manual interruption
- New – On-Hover or On-Click Transition option
- New – Rename Settings Set
- New – Copy Settings Set data and create new settings
- New – Option to Reset to default settings
- New – Multiple Pointelle Slider on Single Page
- New – Auto-sliding ON or OFF option
- New – Read more link
- Fix – In certain cases the slider stops when recent posts slider or category slider template used
- New – Video Embed Capability: Now you can add video inside a Pointelle Slider
- New – Option to disable navigation panel thumbnail images
- New – Option to disable navigation panel text
- New – Option to remove the navigation panel completely and have Pointelle Slider only with the content area
- Update – Latest version of TimThumb script has been added
- New: Option to disable the cropping of images using timthumb. Read more: http://slidervilla.com/pointelle/2011/10/22/how-to-disable-cropping-of-images/
- New: Option to have the Pointelle Slider Control or Navigation to Left side (until last versions we could have the navigation only to the right side). Read more: http://slidervilla.com/pointelle/2011/10/22/shift-navigation-left/
- New: Now you can use a new custom field custom field nav_thumb if yo want the thumbnail image in navigation different than the image in the slide. If you want to know more about how to use custom fields in WordPress, watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEu8hTQuwDI
- New: Two new shortcodes
[ pointellecategory catg_slug='featured' ]and
[ pointellerecent ]added
- New: Option to change the Slider in Preview. Now you can preview any slider before embedding to the page i.e. you can preview Slider with ID 2 or 3 or you can preview the Category Slider or Recent Posts Slider. By default the Preview section will show the Recent Posts Slider.
- New: Option to enable the ‘SliderVilla’ custom post type, so that you can create custom slides that can be added to Pointelle. This is very useful when you do not want to add Post/Pages to the slider.
- New: Fonts compatible with all major OS.
- Fix: For each post a custom field named pointelle_slider_style was created which had a specific necessary value. Removed this addition of the custom meta field as there are some themes which show the custom meta fields for the post on the front-end. This field is for internal use and no need to be displayed on the front-end. So corrected this issue. (For new posts, this field will not be cretaed, please delete this Custom Field for the old posts if your theme template shows the Custom Fields on the front-end).
- Fix: When there was no content for a particular slide, though the content background was shown on the large image. Corrected this issue.
- Security Upgrade – Replaced old version of Timthumb with latest version
- New: You can delete the created settings set through the Pointelle Slider admin panel.
- New: The text or the content on the left side large images can be shown when the visitor hovers the slide. In normal cases, the visitor will not see the content. A new settings field option named ‘Show Content on Image Hover’ (under Thumbnail Image settings) added for the purpose.
- New: Ability to add slide_nav (Custom Slide Title) to the Media Library Images added to Pointelle Slider
- New: When you opt for ‘Randomize Slides in Slider’ , all the template tags using that set will show the slides in random order on every page load.
- New: Display the CSS generated through the settings on the admin settings page. A new Settings tab named ‘Generated CSS’ for this purpose. You can use this CSS in your ‘custom’ stylesheets if you use other than ‘default’ value for the Stylesheet folder.
- New: You can choose to protect the left side large images in the Slides by using the new option ‘Protect the Large Images from Copying’. The right click on the image will not show the ‘Save Image’ or ‘Open Image’ option, but the images an only be retrieved by looking into the html source.
- Fix: When the slide was not linked to any url, the ‘content’ and ‘title’ settings like the font color, size etc. were not applied to the elements of the slider. Fixed the issue
- Fix: When the browser window with the url having Pointelle was kept inactive for a long time, and then itwas gain opened, the right side navigation thumbs kept on blinking. Fixed the issue.
- Fix: The Slide Background Color setting was not applied to the slides (the color was always black). Fixed the issue.
- Fix: The height and width parameters passed to timthumb script used for cropping the images were passed with ‘&’ in url which should be actually ‘&’ to be a valid markup. Fixed the issue.
Checkout More Demos for Changelog