3.1.9 (Release Date: 21’st June 2017)
- Fix: Expiry date issue for non English sites
- Fix: Event slider dates for non English sites
- Fix: Warning notice while adding new post
- Fix: Language file
3.1.8 (Release Date: 16’th Nov 2016)
- Fix: PHP7 warnings and notices.
3.1.7 (Release Date: 23’rd Aug 2016)
- New: Global Setting Option to disable Edit Slider link.
- Fix: Instagram slider was not working.
3.1.6 (Release Date: 28’th Dec 2015)
- New: Advance Taxonomy shortcode and template tag support.
- Fix: Anchor link attribute (to add rel or target to links in slider) was not being added to the RSS feed slider.
- Fix: Some foreign language date formats were causing problems with expiry date in Slider post metabox.
3.1.5 (Release Date: 18’th Dec 2015)
- Fix: The links were not working on mobile devices
- Fix: The “Slide Width” box could not be set empty on Settings panel for variable width slides in “default” skin.
3.1.4 (Release Date: 3’rd Nov 2015)
- New: Option to enable or disable pause on hover
- New: Advance Taxonomy shortcode and template tag support
3.1.3 (Release Date: 8’th Sept 2015)
- Fix: Integration with Facebook API 2.4
- Fix: Manage slider page reorder
- Fix: UTF-8 characters appeared as question marks for slider title
3.1.2 (Release Date: 21’st August 2015)
- Fix: Notice for WP_Widget constructor call.
3.1.1 (Release Date: 18’th July 2015)
- Fix – ‘Upload’ Images Button for Image Slider on Easy Builder was not working
3.1 (Release Date: 10’th July 2015)
- New – Slide Expiry Date can be added for each slide in Custom Slider thru Placid Slider Metabox on Edit Post/Page/Slide
- New – All image sizes available will be displayed “Fetched Image size” setting option (no need of cropping)
- New – External Image positioning option using JS (in default skin, option not applicable for Logo Skin)
- New – Added touch screen support for mobile devices
- New – Added retina image support for ios devices
- Fix – Lightbox will open full size image regardless of its size (i.e thumbnail, medium)
- Fix – Recurring events will be display only once in slider (for Event Manager)
- Fix – Added Publish date for Slides on Easy Builder
3.0.1 (Release Date: 06/11/2015)
- Fix – Debug notices
3.0 (Release Date: 04/23/2015)
- New – WooCommerce and WP Ecommerce plugin integration
- New – Event Manager and Event Calendar plugin integration
- New – All SliderVilla Add-ons inbuilt with Slider. Add-ons are Taxonomy, Post Attachments, NextGen Gallery and RSS Feed Add-on
- New – QuickTag button to generate and insert shortcode
- New – Multilingual Support via qTranslate, mqTranslate and WPML
- New – Flickr User and album Slider
- New – Instagram user Slider
- New – Facebook album slider
- New – 500px user, user favorites, popular highest rated, upcoming, frest today, fresh yesterday, fresh week slider
- New – Vimeo channel and album slider
- New – YouTube playlist and search slider
- New – Custom slider having facility to add slide from following sources posts, pages, media, custom post type, Facebook album, Flickr user, blank, YouTube, Vimeo
- New – Create New Slider with 4 easy steps
- New – Easy Builder to customize sliders
- New – Manage Sliders Panel to edit and delete sliders
- New – Better UI and Help
- New – Edit slider link on front end
- New – Common shortcode and template tag
- New – Added CSS3 transsitions for image, title, contents for complete slider
- New – Added per slide CSS3 transsitions for image, title, contents
- New – Added built-in Google fonts
- New – Added custom font
- New – Added lightbox effects Nivo box, photo box, smooth box, swipe box, prettyphoto
- New – Disable slider option to disable slideing and show Grids
- New – Added option to select title element from h1 to h6
2.0.1 (Release Date: 09/02/2014)
- Fix: In case of multisite WordPress installation there was an issue while saving setting set.
- Fix: If we insert slider with slider id=2 using the shortcode in a post still it was showing a slider with id=1
2.0 (Release Date: 08/31/2014)
- New: Added new skin “logo” specially for those who wish to use Placid as pure logo slider with variable width logo images.
- New: Image uploader for Sliders on ‘Sliders’ settings panel. No need to add individual media image to placid slider.
- New: Added new option “Enable Reverse Direction” to scroll slider in opposite direction.
- New: Compatible with NextGen Gallery add-on provided by SliderVilla.
- New: Add any shortcode like video shortcode or button shortcode to slide which will be overlayed on it.
- New: New option to disable thumbnail image is been added in post meta box which is useful if you are showing videos on slide.
- New: Form validations for admin side settings.
- New: Placid Slider post meta box now has two tabs named basic and advanced with respective fields for the purpose of easy understanding and saving the space.
- New: Quick embed shortcode and template tags are displayed at the right side of settings page.
- New: Quick embed shortcode is displayed in popup for ease of copying shortcode.
- New: On settings panel of Placid slider now it is possible to expand and collapse tabs which greatly reduces scrolling efforts.
- New: Preview Slider params simplified on Settings panel.
- New: Added a new field ‘Custom Post Type Slug’ on Settings page in Miscellaneous Section. Useful if you are using SliderVilla Slides custom post type and want your own slug for SEO purposes.
- New: Color picker changed from Farbtastic to ‘wp-color-picker’.
- New: Added new setting field “Select settings set to apply” at post meta box
- New: Added new field “Space between slide” to have spaces between two slides
- Fix: Placid slider used to bounce after completing one cycle.
- Fix: Settings panel cleanup and restructuring.
- Fix: Post meta box fields like link attributes were not updating, resolved this issue.
- Fix: Solved the debug errors in previous version.
- Fix: Solved the issues with responsiveness of admin panel settings page and sliders page.
- Fix: All database tables and plugin folder being deleted properly on plugin delete.
- Fix: alt attribute of image was not applied in previous version which is been solved in this version.
1.2.2 (Release Date: 02/17/2014)
- New: Introducing Auto Updates, from the next update you can update the Placid Slider using automatic update feature of WordPress
- Fix: Import Settings issue on FireFox
1.2.1 (Release Date: 12/25/2013)
- New: Append Slides Counter to repeat added slides
- New: Redesigned Admin Panel
- Fix: Smooth Transition of Slides
- Fix: wp_debug notifications
- Fix: Responsive design fixes for smaller devices
1.2 (Release Date: 10/26/2013)
- New: RSS feed add-on compatibility
- New: Supports Google Fonts
- New: Widget title can be entered for the Placid Slider widgets
- New: Option to set/remove default image
- New: Option to show Grayscale images, & show the original colored images on hover (Effect visible on Chrome 19+, IE 6-9, Firefox 10+, Safari 6+ . Not applicable to IE10)
- New: Respective Shortcode and Template tag on “Preview Settings” Panel.
- New: Export/Import Settings set to/from a CSV file
- New: A new custom field ‘SlideTitle’ to set Custom text for the Slide/Post title in the Slider
- New: A new Option under “Slider Content => Thumbnail Image” to Disable/Enable image link title text on hover
- Fix: Slider Title not appearing in case of Custom Slider
- Fix: Transparency fix for bottom arrow in case of Vertical slider
- Fix: If Slider title is displayed, was hidden in case of Vertical Slider
- Fix: WP Debug Errors
- New: Vertical Scrolling Feature
- New: Supports Responsive Design
- New: Supports SliderVilla Add-ons
- New: Settings to enable Lightbox
- New: Settings to specify target=”_blank” for Slide Links
- New: Reset/Copy Settings Set
- New: Rename Settings Set
- New: Delete Settings Set
- New: Disable Preview on Settings
- New: Improved Placid Slider metabox on Edit Media images for WordPress version >= 3.5
- New: Settings to remove ‘Placid Slider Metabox’ from Edit Post/Page/Custom Post Types/Media images
- New: ‘SliderVilla Slides’ Custom Post Type for creating Placid Slider Slides (No need to add the Posts/Pages/Media images to Slider if you just want some exclusive slides)
- New: Setting to specify Custom Fields that can be displayed Placid Slider content
- Improved Settings UI
- Fix: ‘Slide Link URL’ and ‘Do not link this slide to any page(url)’ settings were not getting properly saved on Edit Post/Page/Media images screens, fixed this bug
- Replaced the older version of timthumb with the latest and up-to-date version i.e. TimThumb 2.8.9
- New: Option to disable the cropping of images using timthumb. ( This feature is available in Pointelle as well, you can read more: http://slidervilla.com/pointelle/2011/10/22/how-to-disable-cropping-of-images/ . This FAQ is for Pointelle Slider but it applies to Placid as well)
- New: Option to change the Slider in Preview. Now you can preview any slider before embedding to the page i.e. you can preview Slider with ID 2 or 3 or you can preview the Category Slider or Recent Posts Slider. By default the Preview section will show the Custom Slider with ID 1 (i.e. default Placid Slider).
- security upgrade and we have replaced the older version of timthumb with the latest and up-to-date version
- Fix: The height and width parameters passed to timthumb script used for cropping the images were passed with ‘&’ in url which should be actually ‘&’ to be a valid markup. Fixed the issue.
- New: When you opt for ‘Randomize Slides in Slider’ , all the template tags using that set will show the slides in random order on every page load.
Checkout More Demos for Changelog