Placid Slider is a customizable WordPress plugin that will help you adding a smoothly scrolling horizontal or vertical Slideshow to your WordPress site’s front page, other pages, posts, sidebar widgets etc. It is responsive in nature that means the slider will also look awesome on all devices including tablets like iPad, Galaxy Tab and Smartphones like iPhone, BlackBerry or Android. If you are using a responsive theme, the slider will adjust according to the browser size. It looks really cool for sliding logos, brand names etc.
The posts, pages and the media library images can be easily added to the slider thru the edit panel on the WordPress admin.
The slider can be easily inserted anywhere on the site either using a template tag in the respective template file or using Placid Slider shortcode or using a simple widget. Also you can create multiple sliders, so that you can display different content in slider on different pages. And the best thing is, you can create multiple settings as well, and while embedding the slider you can specify which setting you would need for a particular instance of slider.
The slider can be very easily customized using the easy admin panel options.
Customizable Elements of the Slider
The Slider can be setup to Scroll automatically or if you enable Previous – Next buttons, then the Slider will Scroll when the visitor hovers on the Previous / Next buttons.
You can add ‘n’ number of images from the Media Library, give them a title and link them to required URL (say the link from your Sponsor) or if the image is of your own product, then you can link it to your product page.
The Slider will pause when the visitor will hover on it, otherwise it will keep on Smoothly Scrolling without any disturbances.
Type of Content that can be shown in the Slider
- You can add posts/pages or media images to the slider and embed this custom slider anywhere on your site. You can create multiple sliders with different post/pages/media images and embed them on different pages of your WordPress site. Just remember, on one page, you can embed only one Slider at a time. But different pages can have different Sliders.
- The Slider supports Custom Post types, which means you can easily add the Custom Post Types, say your eCommerce Products to the Slider
- You can display the Posts from any Category in Chronologically reverse order i.e. latest one first.
- You can display the Recent Posts of your WordPress blog in the Slider
Ways to embed the Slider on the WordPress Site
- Template Tags
- Simple Widget
Please refer the Usage Guide for more details.
Overall Features of Placid Slider
- Fully Customizable CSS
- Vertical and Horizontal Slider
- Responsive design
- SliderVilla Add-ons compatible
- Choose Posts and Pages as Featured Posts/Pages on a Single Click
- You can enable or disable FOUC (Flash of Unstyled Content) while the page is loading
- No Need Of Knowledge of PHP, HTML or CSS, also with some knowledge of CSS you can easily create your own slider stylesheet suitable to your theme.
- Readable by search engine as you can see the screenshot on Lynx browser available on our blog
- Slider Preview in admin panel
- Can be converted to pure image Slider
- Images cropped very nicely to fit into the sizes
- Pick image from content or the custom field or you can also use ‘Featured Image’ WordPress feature
- Permission setting option to restrict the users from adding posts to Placid Slider
- Remove posts and pages from Placid Slider selectively or remove all the posts from the slider at one go from the settings page itself
- You can reorder the added slides, or choose to display the slides randomly
- Option to retain specific html tags in the slider posts
- Slides can be linked to permalink or any other desired URL. Also you can choose to not link some slides to any URL.
- Support through Premium Support Forums
Note: Placid Slider is compatible with almost all the browsers like Firefox, Internet Explorer (IE7+), Chrome, Opera, Safari etc.
How to Buy?
If you want to have Placid Slider on your WordPress site, you can purchase the same at very low price of just $7. Once you will click on the Download Now button provided below, you will be taken to the PayPal Payment Gateway. Complete the payment process and you will instantly receive a download link through a receipt email, with your unique order number. Downloaded zipped folder is having all the required files and implementation instruction. In the next few hours of purchase, you will receive login details for the SliderVilla Premium Support Forums.
|Single Website License||Multiple Website License
(Up to 10 sites)
[ Price: $8.00 ]
[ Price: $25.00 ]
P.S. If you want any specific customization for Placid Slider or any other plugin purchased from us, we can provide a separate price quote for that as well.
If you have any query or concern, feel free to contact us.