With Light Background Color
Nested Indexo Slider
Left Navigation, Different Color, Image Only Indexo Slider
With Indexo Slider WordPress Plugin, you can add a feature rich, stylish featured content jQuery based responsive slideshow on WordPress site in no time. It gives you full control to customize each and every element of the slider from WordPress dashboard. You can change the look and style of the slider without any knowledge of languages like PHP, HTML, CSS. Advance users can explore the settings like FOUC to load the slider in no time.
The posts, pages and the media library images can be easily added to the slider thru the edit panel on the WordPress admin.
The slider can be easily inserted anywhere on the site either using a template tag in the respective template file or using Indexo Slider shortcode or using a simple widget. Also you can create multiple sliders, so that you can display different content in slider on different pages. And the best thing is, you can create multiple settings as well, and while embedding the slider you can specify which setting you would need for a particular instance of slider.
Indexo Slider is having capability too showcase nested jQuery sliders. That means you can add multiple slides inside a single slide. That way you can showcase similar featured contents (slides) inside a single slide.
The slider can be very easily customized using the easy admin panel options.
Customizable Elements of the Slider
In Indexo Slider, you can add as many slides as you want and those added slides will be visible on navigation panel. If auto-sliding is enabled from settings panel, the content area and the pointer in navigation panel will slide simultaneously. Nested Slides in Indexo will appear under on navigation slide and those nested ones will slide on click.
You can change the width and height of the complete slider as well as of navigation panel and content area. When you add a slide in Indexo, the slides appear in a sequence of one after another on navigation panel and that will increase the height of slider. You can specify the number of slides that you want on your slider on settings panel. You can change the order of appearance of slides from Sliders panel of Indexo Slider on Dashboard.
You get almost all settings customization options on settings panel of the slider. No need to know the programing languages like PHP, HTML and CSS for basic customization.
- Fade Efect
- Vertical Sliding
- Horizontal Sliding
- Uncovering Effect
- Nested Slides inside main slide (Slides inside a slide)
- Full control on navigation panel, content area and overall slider
- Fully Customizable CSS, also you can enter ‘Custom Styles’ right thru settings panel
- Choose Posts and Pages as Featured Posts/Pages on a Single Click
- You can enable or disable FOUC (Flash of Unstyled Content) while the page is loading
- No Need Of Knowledge of PHP, HTML or CSS, also with some knowledge of CSS you can easily create your own slider stylesheet suitable to your theme.
- Readable by search engine as you can see the screenshot on Lynx browser available on our blog
- Slider Preview in admin panel
- Can be converted to pure image Slider
- Images cropped very nicely to fit into the sizes
- Pick image from content or the custom field or you can also use ‘Featured Image’ WordPress feature
- Permission setting option to restrict the users from adding posts to Indexo Slider
- Remove posts and pages from Indexo Slider selectively or remove all the posts from the slider at one go from the settings page itself
- You can reorder the slides, or choose to display the slides randomly
- Option to retain specific html tags in the slider posts
- Slides can be linked to permalink or any other desired URL. Also you can choose to not link some slides to any URL.
- Support through Premium Support Forums
The Slider will pause when the visitor will hover on it, otherwise it will keep on Sliding if Auto Sliding is enabled.
Type of Content that can be shown in the Slider
- You can add posts/pages or media images to the slider and embed this custom slider anywhere on your site. You can create multiple sliders with different post/pages/media images and embed them on different pages of your WordPress site. Just remember, on one page, you can embed only one Slider at a time. But different pages can have different Sliders.
- The Slider supports Custom Post types, which means you can easily add the Custom Post Types, say your eCommerce Products to the Slider
- You can display the Posts from any Category in Chronologically reverse order i.e. latest one first.
- You can display the Recent Posts of your WordPress blog in the Slider
Ways to embed the Slider on the WordPress Site
- Template Tags (3)
- Shortcodes (3)
- Widgets (3)
Please refer the Usage Guide for more details.
- Uzip the
- In WordPress dashboard, head over to the Plugins section.
- Activate Indexo Slider.
Embed Options for Indexo Slider
|To have a slider with recently published blog posts automatically appearing inside the slider, you just need to paste the shortcode inside the page or post content area where you want the slider to embed|
|Manually add any post to the slider using Indexo Slider meta box available on edit post/page window. To embed a slider with those added posts/pages, use this shortcode.|
|Embed a slider with posts from specified category. For example, this shortcode will embed Glam Slider with posts from category with permalink as ‘social-media’|
|Get Slider ID from Sliders sub-page on dashboard, and setting ID from Settings sub-page. This shortcode will embed a custom slider with setting set 3 and will show slides of Slider ID 2|
Like shortcodes, Indexo is also having similar template tags to embed the slider inside theme template files like page.php, index.php, home.php etc. Template Tags are PHP code which executes to call certain functions and show the slider at desired location. Get the template tags for Indexo Slider on our Knowledge Base page.
Drag and Drop widgets are also available in Indexo Slider. It means, you can place the Indexo Sliders (recent posts, custom slider, category slider etc.) in widget ready areas eg. Sidebar by dropping the widget in Widgets window on dashboard. Multiple widgets should be visible on the Widgets page after activating the slider plugin. To read more about the ready widgets for Indexo Slider, please read the Widget Knowledge Base of Indexo Slider.
Settings and Admin Page of Indexo Slider
A Dedicated Settings page should appear on the dashboard after activating the plugin. Indexo Slider is having two sub-pages – Settings and Sliders. Settings page is to create multiple settings and customize the width, height, image pick preference and so many other elements of the slider. Almost 99% slider customization can be done from settings page only. It is also having a “Custom Styles” box where you can enter a custom CSS to override/change the final CSS of slider plugin.
Sliders page is to manage the added slides to the slider. You can create unlimited sliders and add unlimited slides to each of them. Using the parameter in shortcode or template tag, you can easily embed any slider by mentioning the slider ID.
Q. Is Indexo a Responsive Slider?
Yes, Indexo Slider is a responsive WordPress slider. You can enable the responsive design by choosing the option on Settings page ==> Responsiveness page.
Q. Is it possible to control the speed of the slider in Indexo Slider?
Yes, you can change the speed of the slider from Indexo’s settings page. There is an option available for this purpose.
Q. I do not want the texts including Post Title, Content etc. overlaying on the slider. Is it possible to create image only slider with Indexo?
We have provided a single click option on settings page to make Indexo – an image only slider. Go to the settings page and check the box “Make pure image slider”, save the changes.
Q. My site is using WordPress Multisite (WPMU) network. Is Indexo work on MU sites?
Yes, Indexo Slider works perfectly fine on WPMU sites. You need to activate the Indexo Slider plugin individually on each site to let it work properly.
Q. Is Indexo Slider available for other CMS like Joomla?
No, Indexo Slider is currently available only for WordPress. We are planning to release the same for other CMS as well but currently we do not have any set deadline for the same.
- Support Forum and Email ETA – 12 hours
- Instant Support for urgent requests
- Free basic slider setup using remote access
- Dedicated support team available 24X7