Movie Star Quiz Flashcard Slider
Elegant Full Width Slider with Image on Front Side and Details on Back Side of each slide in the slider.
Flashcard Slider is a highly customizable jQuery based responsive WordPress slider plugin that will help you add a horizontal carousel (with single or multiple slides visible at a time) of flippable slides to your WordPress site’s front page, other pages and posts. Each slide will be individually flippable i.e. the slide will have a front side and back side.
You can easily create and edit flashcards from the WordPress Add New Flashcard/Edit Flashcards panel.
The slider can be easily inserted anywhere on the site either using a template tag in the respective template file or using shortcodes or using widgets. Also you can create multiple custom Sliders, so that you can display different flashcards on different pages.
Using the import feature, you can also import the flashcards from other platforms using the CSV file. Using the import interface available on the Flashcard Slider settings page, you can add hundreds of Flashcards in no time.
The slider can be very easily customized using the easy admin panel options.
You can select how many Flashcards will be visible at a time and also how many will scroll when the user clicks the next button or the slider automatically slides forward.
Each Flashcard has two sides.
- Front Side: It will have Flashcard Title, Flashcard Content (Front side content) and the Flashcard Control i.e. clickable section with Go to Back Side Text.
- Back Side: It will have Flashcard Control i.e. clickable section with Go to Front Side Text, Flashcard Content (Back side content) and Flashcard Title.
If you manually add Flashcards to custom slider, you can add ‘N’ number of them to the Flashcard Slider (there is no limitation while displaying as the format of the slider is ‘Scrolling’ infinitely).
- The Slider slides horizontally in a carousel format
- Easing Effects supported
- Each Flashcard can be flipped individually to see the backside.
- Five different Flipping transitions to choose from i.e. Horizontal Curtain effect, Vertical Curtain Effect, Fade Effect, Turn Down and Turn Up effects.
Type of Content that can be shown in the Slider
- You can add Flashcards to the slider and embed this custom slider anywhere on your site. You can create multiple sliders with different flashcards and embed them on different pages of your WordPress site.
- You can display the Flashcards from any Flashcard Category in Chronologically reverse order i.e. latest one first. Also, random Category flashcards can be displayed if you select ‘Randomize’ option
- You can display the Recently created Flashcards in the Slider. These entries can also randomized.
Ways to embed the Slider on the WordPress Site
- Template Tags (3)
- Shortcodes (3)
- Easy Widgets (3)
Please refer the Usage Guide for more details.
Overall Features of Flashcard Slider
- Separate Custom Post Type named ‘Flashcards’ and separate ‘Flashcard Categories’ can be created.
- The front side and backside content can be separated using the WordPress ‘More’ tag
- Custom Sliders, Category Slider (show Flashcards from specific Flashcard Category), and Recent Flashcards Slider – Thus, supports three Template Tags, Three Shortcodes and Three Widgets
- Fully Customizable CSS, also you can enter ‘Custom Styles’ right thru settings panel
- Slider Preview in admin panel, you can select which slider to preview thru the settings.
- Permission setting option to restrict the users from adding Flashcards to Flashcard Slider
- Remove Flashcards from Flashcard Slider selectively or remove all the Flashcards from the slider at one go from the Sliders settings page itself
- You can reorder the slides, or choose to display the slides randomly
- Support through Premium Support Forums
Note: Flashcard Slider is compatible with almost all the browsers like Firefox, Internet Explorer (IE7+), Chrome, Opera, Safari etc.
Please refer the Usage Guide for more details.
- Uzip the
- In WordPress dashboard, head over to the Plugins section.
- Activate Pointelle Slider.
Embed Options for Pointelle Slider
Shortcodes[table “2” not found /]
Like shortcodes, Pointelle is also having similar template tags to embed the slider inside theme template files like page.php, index.php, home.php etc. Template Tags are PHP code which executes to call certain functions and show the slider at desired location. Get the template tags for Pointelle Slider on our Knowledge Base page.
Drag and Drop widgets are also available in Pointelle Slider. It means, you can place the Pointelle Sliders (recent posts, custom slider, category slider etc.) in widget ready areas eg. Sidebar by dropping the widget in Widgets window on dashboard. Multiple widgets should be visible on the Widgets page after activating the slider plugin. To read more about the ready widgets for Pointelle Slider, please read the Widget Knowledge Base of Pointelle Slider.
Settings and Admin Page of Pointelle Slider
A Dedicated Settings page should appear on the dashboard after activating the plugin. Pointelle Slider is having two sub-pages – Settings and Sliders. Settings page is to create multiple settings and customize the width, height, image pick preference and so many other elements of the slider. Almost 99% slider customization can be done from settings page only. It is also having a “Custom Styles” box where you can enter a custom CSS to override/change the final CSS of slider plugin.
Sliders page is to manage the added slides to the slider. You can create unlimited sliders and add unlimited slides to each of them. Using the parameter in shortcode or template tag, you can easily embed any slider by mentioning the slider ID.
Q. Is Pointelle a Responsive Slider?
Yes, Pointelle Slider is a responsive WordPress slider. You can enable the responsive design by choosing the option on Settings page ==> Responsiveness page.
Q. Is it possible to control the speed of the slider in Pointelle Slider?
Yes, you can change the speed of the slider from Pointelle’s settings page. There is an option available for this purpose.
Q. I do not want the texts including Post Title, Content etc. overlaying on the slider. Is it possible to create image only slider with Pointelle?
We have provided a single click option on settings page to make Pointelle – an image only slider. Go to the settings page and check the box “Make pure image slider”, save the changes.
Q. My site is using WordPress Multisite (WPMU) network. Is Pointelle work on MU sites?
Yes, Pointelle Slider works perfectly fine on WPMU sites. You need to activate the Pointelle Slider plugin individually on each site to let it work properly.
Q. Is Pointelle Slider available for other CMS like Joomla?
No, Pointelle Slider is currently available only for WordPress. We are planning to release the same for other CMS as well but currently we do not have any set deadline for the same.
- Support Forum and Email ETA – 12 hours
- Instant Support for urgent requests
- Free basic slider setup using remote access
- Dedicated support team available 24X7